Monday, February 11, 2008

So...

I went online and read up a lot on green tea and guess what...it's known to help acne. Green tea helps balance hormone levels and also is an anti-oxidant which helps you keep a clear face.

Apparently there are only two known herbal remedies for treating acne and green tea is one of them. Green tea has natural anti-bacterial properties and antioxidants, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (whatever that is!) which is 200 times more powerful than vitamin E at fighting free radicals. Green tea also helps to reduce inflammation, hormonal activity and aids in detoxification. Green tea digested after a meal is often known as 'Pimple Tea' in many Chinatowns. When you drink it after a meal it aids digestion and helps to detoxify your system, getting rid of the toxins that can cause acne. Supposedly you aren't supposed to drink it with sugar but I put about a teaspoon or so in it and it seems to still work. So, there you go...who knows if it's true but I found this on a ton of sites. :-) So, drink green tea and see what happens!!!!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

yea for green tea...i hear its also supposed to help with weight loss! too bad i can't stand the taste of it...i guess i'll just have to aquire a taste for it, now that i see how good it is for our bodies. thanks for the research anna. p.s. good to see you at tj's today.:)

Jason and Anna said...

yeah...it took some getting used to for me. i will say though that if you add a splash of milk or half and half and a little sugar...it makes it better and not so earthy!

Kali said...

Hey Anna - your comments cracked me up, but also have given me something to look forward to this afternoon when I once again run out of work. Thanks for the tip :) And I never did tell you that I'm so glad you and Jason have found peace in your decision for right now. I really think waiting for the mission field is another way God prepares us for it - but He'll get you there eventually!