Friday, February 8, 2008

Back so soon and a question on green tea...

This is a particularly boring day at work so I thought that I would give you a little beauty tip that "seems" to be working for me.

So, I have been battling acne since I was maybe 15. It wasn't so bad in high school but starting in my 2nd year of college it seemed to get worse. I have also begun getting rupturing ovarian cists. Google it if you don't know what it is. Anyways, when this does occur my hormones go wack-o. I think that I get them maybe every 3 months...varying degrees of them.

The last two months have been particularly bad with acne. I had no idea what it was. I figured that it was hormonal (is that spelled right). So, about two weeks ago I had a pretty bad cold. I love coffee but that didn't sound good at all. During my lunch break I popped over and bought a big box of green tea from TJ's for like $1.50. I enjoy the tea and it's a nice pick me up in the afternoon but has less caffeine than coffee. So...I have been having a cup a day for the last two weeks. Last week my face started clearing up. I didn't think much of it. I just figured it was a nice "clear" time. Then over the weekend I broke out a little (I didn't have any green tea). Then this week I drank it all the way through the week and I'm pretty clear again. Weird or what? So, has anyone ever heard of green tea doing this? Am I crazy? I know that Olivia drinks a lot of green tea...or at least you did! :-). Well, whatever it is, it seems to be working for me and I think that this weekend I will be bringing a couple of tea bags home!!!! Placebo? Maybe! But, I am not too proud to be munipulated by a placebo that has effects! :-) Perhaps I will do some research online!

1 comments:

jenny said...

Crazy! I should start drinking it, because I'm breaking out like crazy too... but maybe that's because I'm growing someone else's hormones inside of me... oh, and I've never noticed your acne. :-)