Thursday, February 21, 2008

Resumes, Biking in the Rain, & Tamales

Well, I just applied for a new job. I don't know if I will get it although I feel somewhat qualified for it. I think the biggest part of it though was making that first step. It seems like the first resume put in is always the hardest. It's not in a field that I love or anything but I think that it pays well. It also has a 401K (I don't even really know what that is but I think that it's good!), and benefits (which after paying for my own for the last 6 months would be wonderful). We'll see. It would be nice if I got...I would be fine if I didn't SO I guess I just have to wait and see what happens!

On another note...it's now raining. I of course chose to get some exercise and ride my bike to work (it wasn't raining at that point). Bright move! It wouldn't be so bad except I know that Jason can't give me a ride and I need to be at a meeting at 4pm. I am thus stuck riding it rain or shine. Hopefully the Lord will stop the rain at 3:45 so I can get to my meeting dry. I would rather not have to sit in my soaked clothes throughout the whole thing.


Good thing I have left over tamales that the "Tamale Man" sold to me yesterday. I don't have to go out to get lunch now! I love the "Tamale Man". He's from Mexico and once a week comes by the business I work at and sells his yummy yummy tamales. I actually had cash this time on me to buy some! He's always so excited about them and it's contagious. He walks in smiling and says in his thick Mexican accent, "Would you like to buy some tamales? I have pork, chicken, and cheese and jalapeno. They are 3 for $3 or 6 for $5.50" Why thank you Mr. Tamale Man...I'll take 6!

0 comments: