Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Little Engine that No Longer Could

Last night my faithful sewing machine died. I think that the thing was made in the 80's or very possibly in the 70's...it is old and olive green (hence why I think it was made in the 70's). It was my nana's, then it was my mom's, and now it's in my possession. I have used it a fair amount and so have the other two possessors of it. Last night I was trying to finish up a pair of PJ bottoms that I'm making and it just pooped out on me. The engine inside makes this whiring noise but the needle doesn't move. I was able to kind of finesse it a little by by turning it manually and then I could get it to do a few stitches. It won't even do that now...bummer. So, I may be in the market for a new machine...or at least a new, used machine. I was about to put my order in for some fabric samples for my quilt too. Oh well. Maybe I will be really diligent on the quilt becuase I will be so excited to try out my new toy! By the way...the samples I am ordering are Amy Butler's Lotus line...it's a super fun, some what retro line that reminds me of spring. Maybe one day I will make a more "wintery" quilt Let's see if I can find it...Oh, here it is. It's sort of a pink and olive green theme.
a picture...

2 comments:

jenny said...

Beautiful fabrics! I'm so sorry your sewing machine broke. I'm scared mine's going to do the same pretty soon. I'm pretty sure mine was made in the 50's because I have the original manual that came with it! What a sewing machine! It's pooped out on me a couple times, but then the next morning... it worked! :-) Hope you find a new one... look on Craig's List.

Jason and Anna said...

HaHa...I just looked there!! :-)