Friday, February 22, 2008

Feeeeelin' Craftee!

Well, I have been desiring to do a quilt for some time. I have done a couple of small silly ones but I have never done a full size quilt for my bed. I know the pattern than I want to do...I just haven't found the fabric. Well, I think that I have found a designer and I really like his stuff! His name is Joel Dewberry (He's a man! Weird) and the line that I like right now is called Ginseng. I seem to be fond of the Mulberry Palette...although the Jasmine one is really pretty too. I'm trying to steer away from pink though. I like pink, I just seem to get tired of it a little quicker than other colors. Being that this will go on my bed for a while I hope...I should probably pick colors that I like a lot. I seem to be drawn lately to a red, pale yellow, and grey combination and these are the colors that he uses. I like it, it's a bit retro but also different than some of the stuff I've seen lately. But...I have to wait until May. Oh well, it gives me time to save up for it!


I also liked his bio. He grew up in a family of 7 kids and his mom is a well known artist. She always encouraged her children to be creative and so when he entered college he became a graphic design major. Now he has four kids and his greatest passion is being a husband and father. He just sounds...nice. :-) So, here are some sample swatches:








1 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

oooo, love those fabrics!!! i had no idea you were a quilter. how fun!!