Friday, February 8, 2008

Missions Meeting

Jason and I went to the Grace Mission's meeting last night. These last few weeks have been the Mission's Conference at Grace and we have been receiving a ton of exhortation and encouragment to live life for eternity...to make every day count, whether abroad or here in SLO. So, last night, our Mission's Pastor, Danny Martin, had a missions meeting for everyone who was interested in possibly going on a summer missions trip. Some of the one's that Grace is doing (well, actually other organizations are leading them but Grace is supporting them) are a trip to Namibia to help with AIDS children, the Philippines to work in the schools and help refugee families, Romania to do music ministry, Guatemala to teach teachers about incorporating Christ into the curriculum, and also to Indonesia through the Navigators (it's pretty much the same trip that Andy Jeffrey did).

Well, Jason and I went and to be honest...there wasn't really one that stuck out to me. Weird. We were thinking that the Indonesia one would be neat becuase we have been discussing in church the possibility of adopting a people group from Indonesia. Jason and I, and especially Jason, have had the burden to set roots and live some where for the long term. Danny was talking about sending a group to Indonesia who could go scuba dive and scope out the group that they want to adopt through that. Jason was amazed becuase he is actually Rescue Diver certified. He got into scuba diving a couple of years ago and has gone through a lot of classes and dives to get to that level. So, he thought that it would be so neat if God ended up using that in the long run for His glory. The trip that Danny mentioned though wasn't this one that is being offered in the summer. The dates for the Navigators trip to Indonesia are a little conflicting too for us. So, it seems that we won't be doing a trip this summer (as of now). That's ok though. I just want His timing and His guidance. I will say though that I was hoping that maybe one of those would work out. So, I guess we will see...:-) (By the way, as of now I will be getting scuba certified in April!!!)

1 comments:

jenny said...

You two are just so active!! Rock climbing, scuba diving, etc. Man! Can I be your friend? You're cool. And I like your heart for missions. :-) A summer missions trip sounds like something I'd love to do also... I also need to wait for God's timing.