Sunday, August 3, 2008

Monday is here.

Well, it's been just over a week of being engaged. Weird. It's funny because this last weekend was very uneventful...especially compared to the weekend before :-). So, really...I've got nothing to really say. Hmmm...such a climax and now...not much is happening. The initial shock and dismay is starting to wear off. I mean it's weird, don't get me wrong, but it's just a little more common-place now. Things with Jason and I haven't really changed at all of course. It's still the same guy...and it's still me. We still do the same things.

We haven't really discussed any marriage plans yet...only a little bit on who our brides maids and groom's men will be and a general month that we'll probably tie the knot in. What we have talked a little bit about though is the honeymoon. Now THAT sounds fun to plan! Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly think that wedding planning won't be fun. It could be fun. I think a wedding just seems a little more stressful. I've had experience with planning trips too. I feel like I'm starting from ground zero with the wedding thing. I don't even know colors that I like. For whatever reason I've never been marriage crazy. Though, once I met the guy the thought of getting married did cross my mind a few times. :-) I just never went beyond that. I looked at dresses once a long time ago but didn't see anything that I actually liked. Hmmm. I've been told the best place to start is with the colors. Then you can go from there with everything else. So, that is our task this week...colors.

I also need to get one of those wedding book things. I don't have any clue on when you should get things done by. I didn't want to start planning right away. I kind of just want to sit on the whole situation for a little bit. I also don't want to have a bazillion things to do in the last three weeks either. Anyways, I looked at a couple of planner thingys at Barnes and Noble but they were ridiculously complex and over half of it didn't even apply to our wedding. So, does anyone have any suggestions on a tool that they used that was helpful? Let me know if so.

Well, I hope everyone's weekend was good. Have a good week all!

9 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

Theknot.com seems to have good ideas, and they have a lot of stuff that a Wedding Planner book would have... The library is a great resource too, they have lots of wedding books usually....

Our Life Together said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen Borland said...

i was going to mention theknot.com too. you don't have to have a book. there are plenty of websites that are free! also, becky hawkins (http://sugarpluminvitations.blogspot.com) is a great source for all things wedding, and especially for colors. she comes up with color combos that i wouldn't have thought of. i didn't have a clue what colors to do for my wedding and came up with my colors when walking through the flower department at beverlys! i just some colors together and liked how it looked. another way to start is to just thing about what kind of event suits you and jason best (size, location, time of day/night), and then work the details around that. we started with simply knowing where and that we wanted to invite the whole church and have a big ceremony. and i wanted a night wedding in the afternoon! weird, i know, but when you draw all the shades it looks like night and can have a candlelit atmosphere. details came together after that.

jenny said...

Oh Anna - again you make me smile. How I had such the SAME feelings... I was going to buy a book too, and I think I did... but it was a waste of money. Too complex for me. Gosh, colors and stuff... that I didn't even figure out til the month before. I just wanted it simple, yet fun - I guess a thing that was helpful for me was to really decide what was the most important things for us (stuff we were willing to pay $$ for): which ended up being photography and music. Everything else, like flowers, dresses, colors, etc. just kinda fell into place and didn't really matter as much to us. You'll be great! Love you!

Jason and Anna said...

Good suggestions. Thanks guys. :-)

Our Life Together said...

By the way that was my comment I deleted. I didn't like it. The only thing I wished I had spent more money on was photography. The photographer I got was "ok" but I could have gotten something SO much better. I think that's the most important. You are going to have those forever. I also used a cheap florist from CCWP (central coast wedding professionals www.ccwp.com), they have a list of the best vendors (not all expensive) and locations. :) That's the best advice I can give you. That website saved me, I got almost every person I needed off that list. Good luck Anna, and enjoy planning your wedding, it doesn't have to be stressfu.

Arijaan Bulk said...

green, GrEeN, GREEEN :)

Cara said...

I'm so excited that you are finally able to start planning your wedding! I got a pretty simple book at Barnes but I ended up using the pockets in the book the most so whatever you get whether it's a book or a binder make sure they have pockets. I know there are so many things to consider but....just remember it's your wedding so you can do what you want to :). I do think that the making sure you have the dress of your dreams, beautiful flowers and a good photographer are three of the most important things...they will be in all the pictures and they will make you look and feel beautiful on your special day. Let me know if I can help in any way...even if it's just to have you over for some coffee on those days when planning has gotten a bit overwhelming :) Love Ya!!
Oh I just had a great idea....why don't you have Jason plan the wedding and you can plan the honeymoon :)

Jason and Anna said...

Ha!!! That's a great idea Cara. I'll run that by him. Lol. He's pretty interested in being included though (so far)...which is good!