Friday, August 15, 2008

Am I in SLO or NC?

So, I logged into my blog at Jason's parent's house and it looks totally different on their computer then it does on mine. Strange. I wonder what it looks like on your screen??? :-)

Also, there was quite the oddity this morning. A good ole summer thunder storm. As a kid growing up in North Carolina, I hated them. Only because it was like 95 degrees always and thunderstorm's meant that we had to get out of the pool and wait 20 min. with out any sounds of thunder. Umm, yeah. It would usually be thunder-free until about a min. before the 20 min. mark was over and then *BOOM*! "Oh, time to start the 20 minutes over kids!" It was a little hard on an 8 year old who is sitting on the side of the pool getting bit by horseflies periodically. haha. I actually really enjoyed North Carolina summers. That part was not so great though.

Anyways, I heard lots of thunder, saw a little lightning, and got a little wet on the way to work. Yet, I wasn't freezing cold. Gotta love summer storms!!! :-)

Welp, Friday is here and I hope that everyone is having a great weekend. Until Monday friends!

5 comments:

jenny said...

Oh, that's what I've loved about living in the midwest/south/north over the past few years - the thunderstorms!! We had a great on the other night... such booming thunder! I do remember the same pool thing, though, when we were living in MS - the poor kids. I always felt so bad for them.

Ummm... yes my belly does look big in that picture, but in my defense, it really was a bad angle and it looks bigger in the pic than in real life (or at least I think so). :-)

Brianna Heldt said...

I LOVE summer storms! We have them here in CO and it's wonderful. Except for the pool thing, like you said. I took the kids to the pool once and yeah we had to get out like 5 minutes after we got there...so frustrating! (We didn't bit by any horseflies though!)

Carrie Haughey said...

loved the thunder storm this morning! and all that pounding rain!!!

Where in NC are you from? The reason I ask is because I am going there in October for my cousin's wedding...

Jason and Anna said...

Fayetteville, NC. NC is very pretty but Fayetteville is pretty much the arm pit of the state. We lived there becuase my dad was in the military. Where are you going? I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the state... :-)

Carrie Haughey said...

Rodanthe, it's on this little bitty spit of land that goes out into the ocean and there is a bay...