Friday, August 29, 2008

Fridays are Lovely!

Happy Friday everyone! Today is a very good Friday because it is followed by a Monday that is a holiday!!! No work at Job #1. For Kristen and others who are unaware, Job #2 is working for Lisa Leonard which is a huge blessing for me. Hopefully it will be for them too...except when I go out of town and they think that I've totally peaced out on them because I failed to remind them that I was leaving on that day. lol!!! Yeah, that was a smooth move on my part!

So, the Avila Farmer's Market only has three more Friday's left. For those of you who haven't gone...you have to go to the Avila Farmer's. It's mostly for the food and not so much for the produce...although I have purchased roses there I think...or Jason did for me! :-) My recommendation is getting the fish taco's at the Old Port stand and then following it up with The Donut Man! I'm not sure what his stand is actually called but he's The Donut Man to me! It's like $3 or $4 for a dozen fresh mini little donuts that taste like funnel cake. He makes them right there on the spot and you get the choice of powder sugar or glaze. Mmmmm. You can share them if you want but we definitely buy our own. I'm more of a glaze type of girl and Jason likes the powder sugar. We usually walk on the pier and eat them and by the time we get half way down it Jason always has powder sugar all over him! Haha. The wind sort of picks it up and blows it all over you. I think we will be hitting it next Friday!

I saw my lovely friend Autumn yesterday!!! She became engaged about 2 weeks after I did. We got together, caught up, and chatted about wedding plans. Hmmm. She is way more organized and knows a ton more about what she wants then I do (and her wedding is two months after mine!). She kept asking me questions like..."How are you going to leave the wedding?" and "What are you going to serve at the reception?" All of my answers were, "Um, I don't know, I haven't thought about it really." I decided to bust out my shoes though to make myself feel better! "Oh yeah, well I bet you don't know what SHOES you are wearing! That's right, I DO!!!" lol. She has this really cool notebook with all these pictures cut out of things that she wants to do and have in her wedding. It has dividers and everything. I then preceded to show her my 3 1/2 in x 5in "wedding book" that consists of only a calendar and some to-do's for each category! hehe. That's ok. She'll be the perfect planning buddy...She plans her wedding and then I steal her ideas and beat her to the punch by doing it first! bwah-ha-ha. No really, I think we are going to try to go into things together...like centerpieces and what not. That way we can save money and re-use them for her wedding. I'm not totally certain how that will work but we'll see.

Ok, well I'm done rambling on. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

hee, hee. you make me laugh!

i totally cheated and learned all my wedding stuff from my sis, who got married 6 months before me. it's really great to have someone to plan with!

jenny said...

You crack me up... wish I could have been there with you two. I can picture Autumn having that kind of notebook, too. Missing you!

Jason and Anna said...

Yeah, that post was mostly for you J! I thought you'd appreciate me describing the difference between Autumn and I! I miss you too!