Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A possible opportunity?

Well, I am done with school. It has it's benefits, and it has it's down falls. School was so much more interesting. The different people and my social life was so much more exciting too. I learned something new every day when I was in college and after one month of no school I feel like I'm at an intellectual stand still. Work is...long. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week feels like an eternity to me. On my first day, after Jason picked me up from work, he asked me how it was. I told him that I felt like I did Monday-Friday all in one shift. He laughed and said, "Well, there's something quotable!" I will appreciate the checks though, and I guess my educational well being is in my own hands now. We'll see how well that goes!

Oh, and I'm blogging. I don't think that it will be very often. I set this blog up one afternoon becuase I was feeling tired of the every day life that I have in San Luis. I know, stupid huh? There are probably a handful of people that I know personally who would absolutely love to live here. I know that if I ever leave I will miss it. I guess right now I have a "fire in my belly" for something more. We will see how the Lord ends up using that desire...if he does. :-) So, back to the reason I set this blog up. I set it up becuase I thought that it would be neat to blog if the Lord ever sent me somewhere else, like abroad maybe. So, I guess the reason for the creation of this blog was a hopeful one.

Now to the real purpose of this post! I, or I should say, WE, find out (hopefully by Friday) if we are accepted to a program in Chile called the English Open Doors Program. (Oh, and the "we" is Jason and I). The program is through the Chilean education system...or through the government. There are so many programs out there and we loved the credibility of this. It's not a Christian organization. I think we would love to do that eventually but I don't think we are quite ready to raise support...maybe we have little faith :-)! Basically the idea of it though is that we apply, get accepted, and then we are placed somewhere in Chile. Normally you are placed individually with a family but since Jason and I will be going as a married couple (yes, that's right, you read it correctly) we will need to find our own housing. Then you are assigned to a school and a native Chilean teacher that you work along side with. You have your own classroom but you work under the teacher you are assigned too. You then basically teach English for 6 months. Your average work day is 8am-6pm. Not all of those hours are teaching hours but there is prep and all of that. Crazy huh? If this all goes through we will be leaving the States on May 30th. Granted between now and then Jason will be proposing and we will be getting married. What a whirl wind of events. We plan though and the Lord has His will in the end.

I'm kind of mixed about the whole thing. What an adventure it would be. But we would truly be newly weds. Could we handle all of that? I know that we have been dating for three years but dating is nothing like marriage. Living abroad adds a lot of pressure too. I guess if we go then it is the Lord's will and I know that He will never give us more than we can handle. He also desires to bless us if we are willing to live in Him and through Him with all things. So, bring it on! I've wanted change and maybe this is it. So, I guess I will update on the status of this all!!!

4 comments:

Robbin said...

Well, Anna, I sure miss you in the office even though I didn't see you as much as I would have liked. You have to call and let us know what happens with your trip. I'm praying for you as you start towards a new direction in your life with this trip, marriage, etc. I love you guys and pray God will show you where He wants you.

jenny said...

Annamaria! I likey your blog! I also like the way you write... sounds just like you. :-) I'm interested to see if you get the job! Post again once you find out!!

Kate said...

Are you guys engaged!?! Yay!

Kate said...

Wait, I just reread and saw the sentence that explained it all. Oops. sorry i must have skipped over that part...well, yay anyway! it'll be happening soon it sound like. :)