Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Latest News

Well, we talked to the rep for the English Open Doors program this morning again. They are 5 hours ahead and so I had to drive over to Jason's house at 6:00 am so that we would have enough time to talk to her before he had to go to work at 7am. So, here is what we have found out.

  • We have been told that there are two possible regions that we would be placed in. The Small North region or Region IX, The Lake District.
  • We apparently would be given $210 US each for living...a total of $420. This should be enough for rent for these two regions.
  • They will try to look for a place for us to live, if they do not find one it will be our responsibility once we get there
  • There is a chance that we won't be able to get an apartment becuase we may not have all the "necessary paper-work" to rent one...so, there is a small chance that we would have to live in a hostal...hmmmm
  • All we need to say is "yes" and then we are in.

So, how does that sound? I'm okay with all of the bullets above accept for the 4th one. A hostel? Not sure what I think about that! Actaully I know exactly what I think about that...HA, FAT CHANCE!!! I think though that this is not an incredibly likely situation. I have looked on craigslist chile and they have many houses and apartments for rent that are directed toward those in America. SO, once again...the Lord is saying, "Trust me!" So, Jason and I are praying and seeking the Lord. We could use prayer for sure. We just need to know if this is wise and prayer for housing. It doesn't have to be nice or roomy...or anything, just a place to call our own. So, maybe the next update will be about whether we are going! :-)

3 comments:

Kali said...

Hey Anna - you may not remember me, but I'm Dan Johnston's wife, & I found your blog through Jenny's. I think we met a time or 2 when I was in SLO. Anyway (there's my disclaimer so you don't think I'm a stalker!) -- I just was reading your updates and am so excited for you and Jason! It sounds like the process is going very quickly, which I'm sure is exciting and scary all at the same time. Dan & I hope to go overseas in a few years, and are starting our process as well. We'll be praying for you guys -- and I'm glad you've joined the world of blogging! (Sorry for the incredibly long comment...)

Kate said...

Yea Annah! Glad to hear the good news and will be praying for God do give you wisdom in your choice making. He will be glorified!

Kate said...

ooooo Anna I am soo excited for you! Man this is all going so fast but I know everything will work out. Hey maybe you can be like me and Jarrett and plan a wedding in 3 weeks, that's always fun. haha. O and in response to your blog comment to me, Tahoe is within the 3 hours. Jarrett can't travel more than 3 hours away and Tahoe just happens to be 2 1/2 so we're good! But he does have to take leave to come home to SLO :-( oh and also it snowed here which definitely isn't normal, did you make it up to Atascadero and make a snow man? Well I miss you and keep updating this! oh and p.s Jarrett and I were in SLO last week for a few days and I saw you and Jason walking by Firestone, it was very exciting to catch a glimpse of you miss Anna.