Friday, January 18, 2008

Accepted...?

Well, we have been accepted to the program...I think. Funny how all of this stuff works. It's like the Lord always has something that you need to trust Him on...it never just all works out smoothly. Oh well!

So, yes, we are accepted. The catch is though that as long as they can find us a region where we can afford to live on our own in an apartment. What is that supposed to mean? Is there a good chance that this will happen? A not so good chance? Apparently they are on break (the people she is trying to get in touch with at the different regions...I think that it's the schools that we will be working for) for the months of Jan-Feb. So, do we find out at the beginning of March? In which case that is like 3 months before...which is a little while but...still! I think that 3 months notice is enough for me but maybe not enough for Jason. He is a planner!!! I mean, I am too. He though really likes to have all his ducks in a line, and double checked too! I don't know. So, reading the email was like "YES! WE ARE ACCEPTED!" and then, "oh...ummmm. okay." So funny!

Okay, so here is my thinking on all of this. I just keep praying the typical prayer that all do when making the decision to do something different, "Lord, shut the door if this is not your will!" So far, it has not been the case. Actually, it's been the opposite case in many ways and has been really quite easy. So, why doubt now when we actually have to trust the Lord a little!?! I wish i didn't have such weak faith. I do though feel a bit overwhelmed with thinking of all that will have to happen in the next 4 1/2 months to make this happen (if this IS what's happening...including a proposal, a wedding, all of the jazz that goes into a wedding, a new job, apartment, country, language, and the list goes on...

Funny how I've desired change for so long. I think that it's possible that I may receive a little more than I wanted. hahahaha. Don't you just love how the Lord works?

1 comments:

jenny said...

Oh Anna! You make me laugh. Ah, just shifted my chair to the center of the desk (it was at the side, which made typing hard). ANyways, great news! But kinda funny news, I agree. I'm interested in seeing how this will all pan out. God does have a great way of getting us out of our comfort zones (according to timing). Anyways, let T and me know how we can help - in any way. We'd love to be a part of this - prayer, support, etc. Love you!