Monday, November 17, 2008

Jason and I are the proud owners of THIS hot set of wheels...

So, Jason went to Washington and came back with a mini van. Basically his incredibly generous sister and brother in law bought a new van. Instead of trading their old one in they decided to give it to us as a wedding present. Not bad eh? Ok, granted...I've said to myself over and over..."I will never be a mini-van mom, I will be an SUV mom." But, here I am, not even married with a mini-van. Honestly though...IT'S A SECOND CAR! Jason and I have been "sharing" his truck...i.e. Jason, the incredibly kind and generous boyfriend/fiance let's me drive it a lot and he sometimes drives it. Sharing a car could be okay except for the fact that we live in two different homes. That makes it complicated. When I don't get to drive his truck I ride my bike. It's very nice to realize that I can drive whenever I want. Yay! His sister said that we can keep it or sell it...depending on what we end up doing and whether or not we need the money. We'll hold on to it for now though. I will say though that it's not easy to register an out of state vehicle. Tough stuff I tell ya!!! Anyways, so that's our surprise blessing. The Lord is SO good!!!

Oh, and the picture above isn't actually the van...though it looks the same. Ours has a good sized crack in the wind sheild that needs to be fixed. We'll get around to that soon I'm sure. :-)

5 comments:

jenny said...

Ya ANna!! You can tote Bella and me around when we get out there! What a blessing from the Lord!

Mama Mote said...

I was surprised when Jennifer told me about your new vehicle. How fun. And what a blessing, too. We are starting to figure out what kinds of vehicles we want and what to do with our van. With Dan commuting, our old Honda is doing okay, but he wants something even more gas efficient than that and something I can drive if he needs to take the van down. Well, have fun with your new van.

liz oelker said...

That is so cool! He has a great sister :)

Kristen said...

Wow, first you're wearing a bikini on the beach...and now driving a mini van? You just better slow down - you're really takin' a walk on the wild side i see...

Katie Lady said...

Saw this license plate frame on a mini-van recently: "I fought it for a while, but now I love my mini-van." I can relate. I always thought I'd be an SUV user, but I tell ya what, with two kids and a dog and lots of toys, a van is the BOMB! And FREE?!!