Saturday, November 15, 2008

Guess what I did...?

I went to the beach and wore a BIKINI!!! Oh yes, that's right. I went to the beach in NOVEMBER and sat in 80 degree weather....I love California! The plan was to work today. There didn't end up being that much to do though. I'm reading the last book of the Twilight series...yes, yes, me too! I decided "Hey, I'm going to use this opportunity to go to the beach and read!" When I opened my drawer to look at the bathing suits I saw my cute $4 bikini that I got from Ross. It hadn't been touched. I bought it because it was cute, cheap, and would want it once I got married. As I sat and looked in my drawer I contemplated my current skin tone status...tannish (for me) legs, that is up till my shorts line. My thighs are white...my stomach it WHITE. My shoulders and arms are an ok shade. And my lower back is white. A nice conglomeration of skin tones...all on one body. So I thought...hey, why not? So I wore it. I didn't go with anyone that I knew. I didn't see anyone that I knew and I sat kind of away from everyone. The funny thing is that I was just another bikini clad girl in a crowd of hundreds. I probably drew MORE attention to myself in a one piece...funny as that is. It was nice too. It was WAY cooler. My back and stomach sweat so much in a one piece. I didn't feel all that awkward...though I didn't see anyone that I know. It was fine. The results...my stomach is a shade darker...so it's just white instead of transparent! haha. My face got the most sun. Not sure how...I had a shirt over my face or a book in front of it the whole time. AND...my hair is a shade lighter...as usual. I guess that's good. I was starting to get "winter roots". I'm not really a "natural" blonde. I would be a dark blonde if I never went into the sun. It's so reactive to the sun's rays though...it just bleaches it like nothing else. I hadn't been in the sun for a long period of time in a couple of months so I was actually getting "roots". So, that was my bikini experience. Not bad. I'll still wait to wear one in front of Jason though until after we're married :-) haha.

1 comments:

jenny said...

Way to go, you dare devil you! :-) Isn't it funny how you kinda feel self-conscious when you wear one, yet you totally fit in? :-) Hoping that weather holds up til I get out there- it's in the 40's here!!